At Ember we’ve been fighting it out amongst ourselves to debate the greatest city in the world!
With our collective travel experience we have come to decide this the top 5 cities you need to visit and what exactly you should do there.
5. London, England
What would our list be without a mention of our own capital City. Usually overlooked as we live so close to it but the beauty, history and the amount of attractions to see and do here are immense.
- Go on the London Eye – See London from 135m
- Visit the Tower of London – Hundreds of years of history (and some beheading) all inside the wall of the Tower of London
- Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not – For those who enjoy the weird and wonderful.
- Go to the Tate Modern – See the work of many great artists in a spectacular building.
4. Rome, Italy
Who doesn’t love Italian food? It’s a perfectly good reason to go there. But there is so much more to do than to eat pizza and gelato all day (yes, really!)
- A visit to the Colosseum – Thousands of years old and still standing, looking as beautiful as ever!
- The Vatican – Going to the Vatican allows you to set your eyes upon the stunning Sistine Chapel.
- See the Spanish Steps – Famous for the 1953 film Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, The Spanish Steps draw attention to hundreds of tourists daily.
- The Trevi Fountain – Another movie scene location (La Dolce Vita) starring the beautiful and Anita Ekberg and well known for it’s stunning design, this surely one not to miss.
3. Orlando Florida
The home of Universal Studios and Disney World, how can you go wrong?
- Walt Disney World Resort – It’s a given isn’t it? Great for the whole family to enjoy!
- Universal Orlando Resort – If Disney isn’t your thing (excuse me?!), or you just want more, then enjoy the world of film at Universal Orlando.
- SeaWorld Orlando – Enjoy the majestic creatures of the sea (and even get to pet some of them!)
- See the Blue Man Group live – We have it on good authority that this is not a show to be missed.
2. PARIS, FRANCE
Ahhh, the city of lurve! Sophistication and class all the way in *French accent* Paris.
- Visit the Louvre Mueseum – See the Mona Lisa smile as well as many other amazing pieces of art.
- Go up the Eiffel Tower – If you don’t, you will regret it!
- See the Arc de Triomphe – A Parisienne monument if there ever was one.
1. New York, USA
After much deliberation we have decided upon New York as our number 1 city in the world!
- See a Broadway Show – Live theatre is always a yes in our book!
- Go to the top of the Rockefeller Center – Because the Empire State Building is overrated anyway… Actually it’s not, it’s pretty darn awesome too. Do both!
- Walk around Central Park – You’ll be surprised how much there is to see and do.
- Visit Times Square – Another no brainer. It’s the entertainment central for New York City and it dazzles ever so brightly.
What are your favourite cities to visit and why?